Marshall County School Health
School Health Requirements
- Entry KY Physical – obtained within 1 year of KG entry
- An up to date immunization certificate
- Eye exam performed by an optometrist
- Dental Exam/screening-must be at least 5 yrs old at screening date.(obtained through dentists, health dept., etc.)
- 6th grade physical – obtained within 1 year prior to 6th gr. entry
- Tdap (Tetanus Booster)
- Meningococcal vaccination
- #2 Varicella (chicken pox) Booster
- Hepatitis A series
Now requiring Hepatitis A Series and #2 Meningococcal for 16 year olds and above
Please note these immunizations are given on or after a child’s 11th birthday. If your child is not 11 at 6th grade entry, they may enter school at August enrollment and obtain the required immunizations after their 11th birthday.
Recommended, but not required for 6th grade entry: HPV Vaccine (Boys and Girls)TRANSFER STUDENTS (OUT OF STATE):
- Transfer physical (obtained within one year prior to transfer, preferably on a KY Physical Form)
- Up to date Immunization Certificate
- Eye Exam (performed by an optometrist-we will accept a previous out of state optometrist exam)
ALL Middle and High students participating in school sponsored sports must have a yearly sports physical. Please note there are 2 separate forms, one for middle school and one for high school. Currently, these are offered for a $15 charge to students during Spring/Summer months. A specific date, time, and place will be posted for the sports physical clinic. Check with your child's school and/or our web page.
Please contact your child’s school, school nurses, or Marshall County Board of Education for further information regarding health requirements.