Marshall County Health Department H.A.N.D.S.
The Marshall County Health Department HANDS program serves parents who live in Marshall County. Being a parent can be stressful, and HANDS wants to support families through this time. There is no cost to the family for this service.
Participation can begin during pregnancy or anytime before the baby is 12 weeks of age.
The HANDS program provides information to families about community resources and ways to help support your baby’s development.
HANDS helps families learn more about:
- Having a healthy pregnancy
- Caring for a new baby
- How to bond with a new baby
- How to support baby’s development
- Making your home safe and healthy
HANDS helps families improve:
- Home Safety
- Coping Skills
- Support System
- Amount of Stress
- Discipline Techniques
- Anger Management Skills
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please contact Joanna Colson at (270)-252-2726.
HANDS Staff Members:
- Joanna Colson RN: 270-252-2726 :: HANDS Program Coordinator
- Amber Houk: 270-252-2727 :: FSW Home Visitor
- Marie Emery: 270-252-2729 :: FSW Home Visitor
- Kentucky H.A.N.D.S. Handout
- Kentucky H.A.N.D.S. Website
- Kentucky H.A.N.D.S. Facebook
- Kentucky H.A.N.D.S. Twitter
- Cribs for Kids
- National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome
- H.A.N.D.S. Brag Book