Marshall County Health Department H.A.N.D.S. Marshall County Health Department H.A.N.D.S. Marshall County Health Department H.A.N.D.S. Marshall County Health Department H.A.N.D.S.

Marshall County Health Department H.A.N.D.S.

The Marshall County Health Department HANDS program serves parents who live in Marshall County. Being a parent can be stressful, and HANDS wants to support families through this time. There is no cost to the family for this service.

Participation can begin during pregnancy or anytime before the baby is 12 weeks of age.

The HANDS program provides information to families about community resources and ways to help support your baby’s development.

HANDS helps families learn more about:

  • Having a healthy pregnancy
  • Caring for a new baby
  • How to bond with a new baby
  • How to support baby’s development
  • Making your home safe and healthy

HANDS helps families improve:

  • Home Safety
  • Coping Skills
  • Support System
  • Amount of Stress
  • Discipline Techniques
  • Anger Management Skills

If you are interested in learning more about this program, please contact Joanna Colson at (270)-252-2726.

HANDS Staff Members:

  • Kayle Sanders RN: 270-252-2692 :: HANDS Program Coordinator
  • Amber Houk: 270-252-2727 :: FSW Home Visitor

Important Links:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,
color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

(1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)       fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)        email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.